Location: Remote - UK/GMT timezone
Reports To: Previs Supervisor
Key Purpose of the Job:
Previs Animators work with the Previs Supervisor and VFX Supervisor to design and create shots for complex action sequences. We are looking for talented animators, capable of working in a fast-moving environment and with a proven track record in the film production industry. Skills in layout, timing and great cinematography are essential, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Mid to senior level
- Referencing and importing assets into Maya
- Motion studies of key assets, animation cycles, body mechanics, performance with a realistic style, keyframe posting - all finished to a high level
- Scene layout with asset environments, position and timing of assets and camera layout
- Animating character rigs, camera rigs and basic fx animation
Required skills & experience:
- 3+ years production experience. Feature film experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of animation in Maya
- Ability to clean up and accentuate mocap animation
- Knowledge of animation and channel layering
- Excellent cinematic skills - colour, composition, framing, depth of field, motion blur and timings
- Understanding of physical limits in real-world cinematography
- Ability to visualise shots and understand screen direction
- Experience of virtual camera systems
- Knowledge of geometry caching
- Basic particle animation skills
- Understanding of basic lighting
- Team orientated and able to take direction from Supervisor
- Adaptable and flexible - accepting of changes
Please send your CV to email@example.com specifying “Previs Animator UK” within the subject line.
Online showreels and links to websites are welcome. Please also include a shot breakdown showing specifically what your role entailed per shot/sequence.